Monday, April 20, 2009

Animal Testing

I know that this is a very sensitive subject and many people will have strong feelings toward this topic. So if you're a very sensitive person I advice you to STOP READING NOW! I'm desensitized towards many things, and this topic is one of them. I am a human at the top of the food chain and will not give up my spot to a lesser being because "I'm a nice person". Sorry, but it's true. I am not one of these people <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA>

As we all know, animals are being tested one for our benefit. Many of these tests are for vain products like lipstick and shampoo, etc, but many of these tests are tests for diseases. I know of one such place (in which I will keep my silence for) the gives monkeys cancer, AIDS, alcohol poisoning. They also preform open heart brain, heart surgeries, and practice re-attaching limbs that they purposely removed.

This my sound like one of your worst nightmares and that these people are animal haters and should be done away with because of their brutality towards animals. But what is an interesting side note, is that these people actually love these monkeys (along with the many other animals). They buy them toys, they love them, all the monkeys have names, and all the other things that go along with "loving" an animal.

I propose an alternative. American has over 2 million people in jail. Many of these are in for life, or and many still are on death row. It's said that if CA today started killing one person a day from now, it would take around 23 years until the list was gone through. This is what I propose... For final testing of cures, instead of testing them on Innocent people through blind test, we could test them one inmates that are in for life or death row. And if one of them happens to not make it through surgery, oh well... they were on death row and were supposed to die anyway.

These inmates are a burden one my life, why not make them give something back to society? Make 'em work (screw the unions), and send 'em in for testing.

I know, my bad, that's just how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. Haha i remember you writing this blog! and i still don't agree with testing on life-sentencers. I know it sounds like a good idea but i'm still not for it...somthing just stinks with that idea = /

    ReplyDelete